spoils of sneaker riches lead to some tough

Модератор: Nora

yaya2017
Жилец

spoils of sneaker riches lead to some tough

Сообщение yaya2017 » 14 сен 2018, 04:51

Eventually, the North Carolina native settled on starting with one of her favorite sneakers of all time, the Retro Air Jordan 1s, at the top left of the Adidas Superstar Hombre first Nike Air Max Tavas Mujer group of shelves. Young’s extensive ensemble of 59 pairs of 1s transitions to her Air Jordan 2s and 3s. She allowed her Adidas Superstar Mujer (self-diagnosed) obsessive-compulsive disorder to lead the way.That’s her rule — the irony of which is oozing, given what lies in a room on the next floor, directly above the house’s entryway.“My mother was never a fan of paying hundreds of dollars for shoes. But I’d ask my father and he would come through.”Unaccounted for in this number is a towering stack of four full plastic tubs — one of which contains close to 20 pairs of Kobes. Stray boxes are scattered, and the closet door opens to additional piles. “In my lifetime, I’ve probably owned thousands of pairs … maybe more … because I’ve given away so many,” Young says. “I try to get away from them and say, ‘OK, look. I’m not buying any more.’ But it’s so Nike Air Odyssey Femme hard. Nike Air Max 90 Mujer Rosas Nike Air Zoom Spiridon Mujer It’s like an Nike Air Max 270 Womens addiction. … The smell of a fresh pair is like ahhhhh … I’m addicted to that fresh pair of kicks, you Nike Air Vapormax Damen know?”

“Her sneaker room is like Foot Locker,” says Bria Smith, co-founder of the @WNBAKicks Twitter and Instagram accounts, which were launched in February to showcase the dopest shoes that women players break out nightly. In early May, before the start of the season, the platform teamed up with ESPN’s Brooke Weisbrod to unveil a countdown of the top 10 players in the WNBA who bring the heat on their feet, on and off the court.” Young claimed the No. 1 spot and earned the social media crown of “Sneaker Champ.” But, most importantly, she is helping dispel the myth that women can’t love sneakers as much as their male counterparts.“She brings the term sneakerhead, and female sneakerhead, to life,” Smith says. “She could Nike Air Presto Femme wear Adidas Superstar Mujer a pair a Adidas NMD Mujer day for a year and not Nike Air Force 1 Femme repeat.”Yet the spoils of sneaker riches lead to some tough style choices, Nike Air Max 90 Mens especially on this August evening, as she sifts through her collection about 25 hours before the Aces face the Atlanta Dream. “I haven’t decided yet what shoe I’m gonna wear tomorrow,” she says slyly. “Because I’m home now and have a room full of shoes that I can pick from.”

On Christmas of 1995, Tamera, then 9, received her first pair of basketball shoes: the Fila Grant Hill 1s. She never wore them on a basketball court, but a pair of the Fila Grant Hill 2s, which she copped when they retroed in 2013, now sit on one of the top shelves in her sneaker room as a reminder of her sneaker beginnings.Young’s mother, Lynda, gave her the original Filas – and she hasn’t bought another pair of sneakers for her daughter since. “My Nike Air Max 270 Womens mother Nike Air VaporMax Mujer was never Nike Air Max Tavas Womens a fan of paying hundreds of dollars for shoes,” she says. “But I would ask my father and he would come through.”In 1996, Greg Young succumbed to Young’s begging and purchased her first pair of Air Jordans: the “Taxi” 12s, which she broke out with black shoestrings, accented by white specs, for the Girls Inc. basketball league in Wilmington, North Carolina. In March 2001, a special early release of the Air Jordan “Cool Grey” 11s landed at noon on a weekday. Despite being in school, a preteen Tamera had to be in that line. So she faked sick and called her dad to ask if he’d come to the rescue. ““I didn’t go back to school. It was pointless. I was ‘sick,’ and I had my sneakers.”

Вернуться в «В творческой жизни Милен»